With harried schedules, many homeowners fall short on keeping their homes organized. Clutter can create a sense of chaos, preventing families from enjoying time together at home.
Help your family remain stress-free by adopting these organizational habits in and around your home.
- Before leaving a room, take 30-60 seconds to pick up items that are out of place. This little bit of time will make a huge difference.
- Arrange objects creatively. Maximize space even if it means hanging hooks on cabinet drawers to hang pot holders or utensils.
- Labels can be your best friend. Be innovative and use them outside of the office. They are perfect for locating items in the pantry, closet, laundry room and more.
- Put a weekly pantry and refrigerator cleanout on your to-do list. This gives you time to throw out the old items and empty containers to make clutter-free room for new groceries.
- Be socially responsible and recycle. Keep a few bins around to recycle your cans, plastic and paper. This is such an easy way to teach children responsibility while keeping the earth clean.
- Put storage accessories to use. These can range from those that are built into cabinets or even a few strategically placed bins to keep everything together. This is especially great for drawers, making them easier to clean out.