Rental season is just around the corner! It’s time for a good spruce-up. Get your home summer-ready with these tips.
Give the place a deep cleaning: Whether you hire professionals or do it yourself, you’ll need to thoroughly clean your home. This includes:
- Wiping down kitchen appliances, cabinets, and furniture
- Cleaning out the inside and outside of the refrigerator
- Scrubbing the kitchen floor
- Emptying the dishwasher
- Dusting and vacuuming the living room and bedrooms
- Emptying all trashcans
- Scrubbing the floors, showers, toilets, and sinks in the bathrooms
- Giving walls a fresh coat of paint.
Organize room by room: Reduce clutter throughout your home to make it as livable and presentable as possible. Take out any furniture or items that won’t add to the vacation experience. Remove all valuables, including anything that has sentimental value, is irreplaceable, or contains your personal information.
Stock up on the essentials: You’ll need to provide your renters with bed linens, towels, hand soap, dishes, and cookware (at the very least). Make sure to have at least two sets of everything for each person. Make sure all of your electronics are in working order and light bulbs have been replaced. If necessary, upgrade your flat pillows, low-thread-count sheets, and anything that has a tear or crack.
Add a few personal touches: Make this feel like a home away from home with some simple additions. Here are a few ideas:
- Board games and cards (especially for rainy days)
- Books, magazines, and movies
- Tour guides and coffee table books
- Decorative throw pillows
- Artwork or photography on the walls
These tips may make your guests feel right at home!