Cambria Real Estate Listings and Information

Cambria

Cambria, WI

In 1844 the Langdon brothers settled on the site of the present Village of Cambria, building a sawmill on a branch of Duck Creek and opening a small stock store of merchandise and called the village Florence. But the mill dominated the landscape in those days, and the settlement around it was called Langdon's Mills. In 1848 the Langdons had exhausted their means in their sawmill and store, and were unable to purchase the necessary machinery to operate it. In the spring of 1849 a Mr. Bell appeared and advanced money for that purpose, taking a mortgage upon the Langdon property as security. In consequence of nonpayment of the debt, the property passed into his hands, and the new owner surveyed and platted quite a large addition to the original site. In order to perpetuate his name he called the village Bellville. 


Mr. Bell continued to operate the mill until 1851, when he disposed of all his holdings to John Jones and Evan Edwards. The new proprietors of the village, as well as the Welshmen who had settled there, were not pleased with the name Bellville, and by them it was changed to Cambria and the town was incorporated in 1866.


Centrally located in one of the best areas of the Great State of Wisconsin! The cleanliness of the community and the slower pace of life will impress you. Visitors and residents alike appreciate the smalltown atmosphere and the value and quality found shopping and doing business in Cambria.

http://www.cambriafrieslandchamber.com

Cambria

Active Market Stats
  • 13 Listings For Sale
  • $135,264 Average Listing Price
  • $76 Average Listing Price per Square Foot

Average Sale Price in Cambria

Average Days on Market for Cambria Listings

Average Price per Square Foot in Cambria