Here are some tips to help protect your property:
- Check your property for downed tree limbs and branches.
- Roofs, water pipes and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper order.
- Clean chimneys and exhaust systems to ensure they are free of debris.
- Test gas lines if they have been dormant.
- Inspect your walkways and driveways for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Protect pipes from freezing by allowing water to drip when temperatures are below freezing.
- Shut off water on outdoor faucets.
- Use weather stripping on exterior doors, garages, windows.