INSIDE APPEAL - KITCHEN
- The kitchen may be the most important room in the home. Clean this room like your sale depends on it- because it does!
- Clean the oven and keep it clean; even if this means eating out (or getting deliveries) more often.
- After cleaning the range, put new drip pans under the burners or foil over the old ones.
- Clean around the seal of the dishwasher door.
- Look at the kitchen as if you were a health home inspector. Paying particular attention to: a)Garbage area b)Cracks c)Corners
- Make certain you get rid of all junk, broken or cracked dishes. Also remove disorganized items that have accumulated in the kitchen drawers and cabinets.
- Keep everything put away that can be put away, especially on counters.
- Check the cabinet doors and door handles for fingerprints.
INSIDE APPEAL - LAUNDRY ROOM
- Put soaps and supplies in cabinets or containers.
- Keep counters and sink clean and empty.
- This is one room to take special care with lighting. Many laundry rooms are way too dark. Upgrade wattage in light fixtures if safe to do so.
- Make sure that any pull-down staircases, such as to an attic are working. Be sure that there is a working light in the attic, if equipped.
INSIDE APPEAL - BATHROOMS
- Repair all leaky faucets.
- Caulk bathtubs, showers, and sinks.
- Coordinate towels in one or two colors. Fold clean towels in thirds and hang onto racks each day. Purchase new towels if necessary.
- Clear all items out of shower stalls and tubs except for necessities.
- Clean or replace shower curtains.
- If necessary, remove the shower door for cleaning. Use solution of one part muriatic acid to 10 parts water (use goggles when mixing), then scrub with plastic scouring pad and rinse clean.
- Fresh flower arrangements do wonders for a bathroom, both in appearance and aroma. No plug-in air fresheners or scented candles.
- If you have pets, be sure to clean around their food areas and empty litter boxes frequently.
INSIDE APPEAL - GARAGE
- Clean and sweep garage. Consider painting walls flat white and floors light gray.
- Store any dangerous tools and arrange others neatly. Use containers and tool boxes as necessary.
- Vacuum pipes around heating system which are visible.
- Check garage windows and screens. Windows should be clean and screens free of rips and tears. Windows should be checked for cracks and holes. Replace as needed.
- Remove all “junk” from the attic, basement, closets, garage, and tool shed. Large storage areas appeal to buyers. Rent a storage unit and clear out as much as possible to make your home feel open and roomy.