Are metal roofs just trendy these days? Not at all. There are some real benefits to consider....
1. Durability - They will withstand aggressive weather, wind, temperature, mildew and are fire retardant.
2. Longevity - They are long lasting , 40-60 years, which is 3 times a asphalt roof. They don't experience thermal expansion or contraction so don't break, chip, crack or become loose over time.
3. Convenient Upkeep - Properly installed, the maintenance is zero. They don't absorb water and can easily get rid of snow.
4. Energy Efficiency - They efficiently reflect solar hear right back in the atmosphere. This keeps its surface up to 100 degrees cooler than conventional roofs.
5. Eco-friendly - They are 100% recyclable and so won't end up in the landfill
6. Flexible Customizable - They can be painted hundreds of colors, and can emulate textures of other roofing materials.
7. Resale Value - Buyers like the durable metal roofs. This can increase your sale price by 1-6% when you get ready to sell.
8. Great return on your investment - The cost is slightly hefty on the front end, but the energy efficiency can save as much as 40% in cooling cost each year. So recouping your extra cost will take no time at all.
So if you are planning a new roof soon, consider a metal one!!