Don't think you should list your home during the Winter months? Think again! I would love to help market your home. Call me today at 219-613-3621
- In the winter, inventory is lower by an average of 20% and so is competition.
- In the winter time, people who are searching for a home are serious buyers. How many “tire kickers” do you know who are willing to get out there and search for a home in the cold, rain, wind or snow?
- In the summer is when the majority of real estate sales happen, how can a home really stand out amongst all the others…don’t they all start to look the same when in the same area.
- Homes don’t sell for as close to listing price in the summer, recent reports show that homes sell for more in the winter when there is less on the market.
- In the winter time, the amount of traffic going through a client’s home is much less because there are less people in the market looking. Less inconvenience for families trying to keep the home “perfect” in case of unexpected visitors.
Homes are usually pretty “festive” and feel “warm” during the winter. Good for creating a warm feeling in the staging.
In the winter, with inventories being lower, there is a slight shift in who’s in the drivers seat when it comes to contract negotiations, especially with the changing markets. There will likely be less concessions on the part of the seller in the winter.
(taken from http://marketingrealestate.biz)