Fourth of July and fireworks: they go hand in hand. Illinois does 4th of July right with some really great fireworks shows. Here are ten of the best our state has to offer:
1. Sleepy Hollow–a small community with a large fireworks display lasting thirty minutes.
2. Navy Pier. It’s not just the great show but also the festive environment.
3. Naval Station Great Lakes. They will have two days of fireworks and will host 60,000 people.
4. Huntley has all the country charm you could ask for, and a nice fireworks show, too.
5. Capital City Celebration (Springfield). If you’re in the state’s capital, make sure you catch this great show.
6. Six Flags (Gurnee). Enjoy some awesome rides during the day and then enjoy an epic fireworks show at night.
7. The Kirkland 4th of July Fireworks show is the biggest in Northern Illinois.
8. Mount Prospect has one of the prettiest fireworks displays.
9. Catch a great show at the Sandwich Fairgrounds.
10. The fireworks show in Champaign is beautifully choreographed and synchronized.
What fireworks show are you going to? Let us know in the comments.