It’s that time of year again!
The cold hits and our electric bill takes a hit! :(
Why not save that money? :)
Here are 6 ways to warm up your home this winter without blasting the heat!
6 Ways to Warm up Your Home This Winter
1. Buy or make a draft snake to block draft coming in from underneath the door.
Drafts can waste 5% to 30% of your energy use.
2. Change your filters once a month to allow a good airflow.
Keep your furnace clean and properly adjusted to avoid air restriction.
You will save up to 5% of the heat cost.
3. Turn down your water heater. Most water heaters are set at 140 degrees, but they only need to be set to 120 degrees.
This will reduce your water heating cost by 6%-10%.
4. Consider getting your your windows insulated. The extra still air space gives your home the ability to hold heat.
5. Use caulking and weatherstripping to seal up gaps. Any leaks can sap home energy efficiency by 5% to 30% a year.
6. Invest in an energy monitor. This device measures your electrical usage and projecst your bill each month. You will save 15%-20% on each bill.
In the market to buy a new home?
Check out my Real Estate Website www.MonicaMancano.com
to see properties currently listed in the MLS.
When you are ready to start looking for your Dream House,
Call/text me at (630) 669-2401 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you're a First-Time Home Buyer, seeking to sell, upgrade, interested in investment property or are relocating (I am MRP Military Relocation Professional and AHWD At Home With Diversity Certified)
Call/text me at (630) 669-2401
I will help you through this process every step of the way! :)