|AURORA, IL - The City of Aurora is hosting a citywide Electronics Recycling Event on Saturday, July 30 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The recycling event will be held in the City's public parking Lot W located at 309 N. River Street, between New York Street and Vine Street. Cars must enter northbound on River Street beginning at New York Street. All other entry points will not be accessible during the duration of the event.
Due to the high demand for service:
- The event is open to Aurora residents only. ID is required.
- Each car is limited to five (5) items in total, including either one (1) television OR computer screen.
- The one (1) television OR computer screen of any size per car can be recycled for just $10.00. Credit/debit cards (with a $0.31 cents processing fee) and cash will be accepted.
- Other approved items are FREE to recycle.
- Only approved household items and electronics will be accepted.
The following electronics WILL be accepted: cables, cable boxes, cameras, cash registers, cell phones, copiers, cords, DVD players, fax machines, keyboards, laptops, printers (and cartridges), projectors, radios, satellite dishes, stereos, typewriters, VCRs, video games; and for $10 either one computer monitor OR one television of any size.
The following household items WILL be accepted: blenders, bread makers, carpet sweepers, coffee makers, clocks, curling irons, electric knives, electric toothbrushes, fans, fryers, hair cutters, hair dryers, heaters, holiday lights, irons, land line phones, metal tools, mixers, remotes, shaving equipment, toaster ovens, and vacuum cleaners (without bags).
The following items WILL NOT be accepted: large appliances (refrigerators, dish washers, stoves, washers, dryers), air conditioners, ballasts, bare CRT tubes, capacitors, dehumidifiers, household batteries (AA, AAA, D, C, Lithium), light bulbs, liquids, microwaves, salvaged units, smoke detectors, VHS cassette tapes and medical equipment (any material that is considered or has come in contact with biohazard or radioactive material).
To ensure that the demand is met, all cars that are in line by 1:00 p.m. will be allowed to drop-off up to 5 approved items in the vehicle. Early attendance is encouraged.