First Fridays in Downtown Aurora will have live musicians as an added bonus to the full roster of art openings!!!
Tonight - Friday June 5 - First Fridays in Downtown Aurora will have live musicians as an added bonus to the full roster of art openings:
- The legendary Grammy-nominated Blues musician, John Primer, will perform in the Paramount Theatre's Grand Gallery at 7 p.m. as part of the Fox Valley Music Foundation's Blues Kick-Off.
- Jake Mack and Melissa Olson will perform on Stolp Avenue at Millennium Plaza. Jake Mack is up first from 6 to 8 p.m., and Melissa Olson performs from 8 to 10 p.m.
- JD Klatt performs with his guitar at Downer Place and Stolp Avenue from 7 to 9 p.m.
The free summer concerts will entertain guests as they visit more than a dozen venues open with art, music, and more. All events are free and art is for sale. Tonight, the following venues are open for First Fridays:
- Allen and Pepa Architects, 121 W. Benton St., shows "Explorations," the work of Andy Christopolous. 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- ArtBar in the tavern at Two Brothers Roundhouse, presents "We are The ArtBar." 6 p.m. to midnight.
- City Hall, 44 E. Downer Pl., opens Art in City Hall. 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Culture Stock, 43 E. Galena Blvd., welcomes the Poverty Awareness Project, a recent photo essay by Alexander "Kino" Garza. 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- David L. Pierce Art and History Center, 20 E. Downer Pl., is open with three floors of exhibits. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Emergent, a pop-up gallery at 14 W. Downer Pl. Suite 16, shows the works of several guest artists. 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- If These Walls Could Talk, 32 S. Stolp Ave., displays magical scenes from the world's circuses and carnivals captured by photographers Mike Smith and Chuck Isdale. 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Künstlerhaus, 114 S. River St., features The Painter's Painter Show, a duo exhibition with Martin Soto and Rafael Rocha Jr. 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Mission Possible, 61 - 63 S. Broadway, is open from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. featuring the art of Jessica Bryant and Nick Podraza, as well as music by Dr. Evanton Walters starting at 7 p.m.
- New Hites Studios and Gallery is open for browsing upstairs at 14 W. Downer Pl. Visit the studios of artists Martín Soto, Kit Sunderland, Toty Pix, and others from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Paramount Theatre's Grand Gallery, 23 E. Galena Blvd., hosts a free concert featuring blues musician John Primer at 7 p.m. Blues on the Fox poster artist Rex Bohn is the featured artist. 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- River's Edge Cafe, 14 W. Downer Pl., is open from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. with live music starting at 7 p.m.
- Rocktown Adventures, 107 Spruce St., offers free paddle rides in the Fox River. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- SciTech Hands On Museum, 18 W. Benton St. is open with free fun for the whole family. Local works of art along with art stations are set up during the evening. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- YM Boutique, 5 W. Downer Pl., celebrates their one-year anniversary. 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Free trolley service runs throughout downtown from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. The trolley starts and ends at Downer/Stolp parking garage with stops that serve several of the evening's venues, and are walking distance to others.
The following schedule is an estimate of trolley times that we hope to adhere to if possible.
- 7:00; 7:30; 8:00; 8:30; 9:00; 9:30; 10:00: #1 Downer/Stolp parking garage
- 7:10; 7:40; 8:10; 8:40; 9:10; 9:40: #2 Two Brothers Roundhouse
- 7:15; 7:45; 8:15; 8:45; 9:15; 9:45: #3 Restaurant Row/New York Street at River
- 7:20; 7:50; 8:20; 8:50; 9:20; 9:50: #4 Paramount Theatre/Galena Blvd.
- 7:25; 7:55; 8:25; 8:55; 9:25; 9:55: #5 Benton/River (NE corner)
Learn more at www.auroradowntown.org