With Christmas right around the corner within 5 days! Here's some more tips from Century 21!
Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year. You have to buy and wrap presents, decorate the tree, cook, bake, and more. Preparing your home for Christmas may seem stressful but it doesn’t have to be. Here are small things that you can do every day leading up to Christmas. Your home can be more festive in no time.
1. Create a Christmas card display: Arrange the Christmas cards you’ve received over the past few weeks on a mantel or in a nice Christmas wreath. This adds a sentimental value to the holiday and shows your family and friends that you appreciate them.
2. Plan Christmas menu: Knowing exactly what you’re cooking makes grocery shopping faster. Plus you won’t have to run out because you forgot milk…again.
3. Put out smaller decorations: There is no such thing as too many Christmas decorations. If your tree is up and the outside of your home is decked out, adding small touches inside the home is the next step. Hang wreaths, display nutcrackers, snow globes, and hang the stockings — this added decor brings the Christmas season full circle.
4. Display presents under the tree: As you are finished wrapping presents for your family and Christmas guests, display them under the tree. You’ll remember where you put the gifts and you’ll get excited every time you see them under the tree. Note to Self: Stop hiding gifts and forgetting where they’re hidden.
5. Prepare for guests: If you have family staying over during the holidays, prepare in advance. There’s no need to run around on Christmas trying to cook, clean, and get things together for guests. A few days prior to the holiday, put out extra towels, bedding, and anything else your guests may need. If you have enough time, use these tips to set up a great guest room.
6. Bake, bake, bake: A night or two before Christmas, get all your baking done. It’s a fun activity to do with your family and you’ll take care of something else on your to-do list.
7. Deep clean your home: A clean home is a happy home, especially during the holidays. Clean your home a few days before Christmas. A mess may ensue during the holiday but at least the meticulous cleaning job is done.
8. Set the table: Don’t set your table in a hurry. Take some time to make it beautiful. Set up a runner, put out candles, and add a festive centerpiece.
9. Set out seating: If your home doesn’t have the capacity to hold all your guests, make arrangements in advance. Borrow or rent extra tables and chairs so there is room for everyone and everything.
10. Burn candles: There is nothing like the fresh scent of a Christmas candle. Light a few before your guests arrive to help make your home look and smell beautiful.
If you do one small thing each day before Christmas, your home will be prepared for the actual day. As a host, you will be able to enjoy the holiday more knowing everything is taken care of.
- See more at: http://blog.century21.com/2014/12/deck-the-halls-10-things-to-do-leading-up-to-christmas/#sthash.ceDAZPNl.dpuf