“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
October 5th, 2017 is National “Do Something Nice Day”, and now more than ever it’s important to give back to our communities that have shaped who we are today.
Consider giving back to your community, or to someone who has positively influenced your life.
- Buy the order for the person behind you in the drive-through.
- Bring flowers to your boss or personal assistant.
- Leave a note for your partner, reminding them how much they mean to you.
- Pick up trash in your community – but remember to wear reflective gear!
- Leave a large tip for your Server.
- Volunteer for a local community initiative.
- Adopt a “grandfriend” at your local nursing home.
- Help cook or serve meals at a homeless shelter.
- Donate supplies to your school district.
- Adopt or foster a pet.
- Create a free library in your neighborhood.
- Spend a few extra minutes listening to a friend in need
Also, remember to be kind to yourself!
- Take a day off to yourself.
- Recognize three wonderful things about your life.
- Have lunch with a friend instead of at your desk.
The most important thing we can do is continue the mentality of “Do Something Nice Day” through every day of our lives.
Additionally, please join CENTURY 21 Affiliated and the Affiliated Foundation on November 28th as we participate in our annual Day of Caring. This year we will be "Restocking the Cupboards" of our local food banks as their cupboards have been depleted due to recent natural disasters.