Today we support National Donate Life – Blue & Green Day, where we encourage everyone to wear blue and green to support organ, eye and tissue donation!
Did you know that if you donated your organs, cornea and tissue, you could save up to eight lives?
According to donatelife.net, there are 115,000 men, women and children waiting for lifesaving organ transplants. Although there have been many advances in medical technology, the demand for organ, eye and tissue donation still vastly exceeds the number of donors available.
Here’s how you can help this cause:
- Register to be a donor*! It only takes a minute and you can save up to 8 lives.
- Consider being a living donor
- Financially support the Donate Life movement
- Encourage family and friends to register or donate
- Protect your health- The best long-term solution to solving the organ donor crisis is to avoid the need for transplantation.
Any of these suggestions can help bring families together during their time of need. Let us know how you have helped the Donate Life movement by using the hashtags #AffiliatedFamily #DonateLife.
*Registration is a binding, legal document of gift. You affirm the information provided is accurate. You agree upon death to donate all eligible organs and tissue for transplant.