Did you know 16% of Americans have experienced a home break-in. Here are the top 5 factors that put your home at risk:
- Neighborhood or surroundings – nearly ¼ of American homes are at risk simply based on their location.
- No alarm – Failing to install a home security system is the second leading cause of a home invasion.
- An unlocked door – nearly 42% of Americans leave their doors unlocked
- An open window – never leave ground floor windows open when you leave the house
- Living in an apartment building – housing units see more foot traffic and can be easier to enter
Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2018. All rights reserved.