Are you getting ready to head out of town soon? Here are some easy and effective ways to protect your home from Howie Boeve and Associates. Keep your belongings safe -- you've worked hard to get them!
1. Install some dummy surveillance
2. Always remember to remove flyers from
3. Put bumper stickers on your car.
4. Keep your landscaping neat and
5. Buy light timers for your indoor and
6. Pretend like you’re saying good-bye
to someone inside when you leave your home.
7. Don’t leave your electronics boxes
out on the curb.
8. Don’t leave a ladder just
hanging out in your backyard.
9. Make sure that your mirrors don’t reflect your home alarm.
10. Mow your lawn.
11. Don’t leave status updates
broadcasting that you’re away.
12. Fake a TV glow.
13. If you go out of town, have a
neighbor leave tracks in the snow.
14. Buy some fake alarm system decals if
you can’t afford a real one.
15. When loading a car with suitcases,
keep it quick and hidden if possible.
16. Reinforce your door jambs if you have
weak door frames.
17. Cancel your newspaper subscriptions
and ask the post office to hold your mail while you’re out of town.
18. Use a wooden dowel or metal bar for
sliding doors and windows so they can’t be pried open.
19. Invest in double glazed or toughened
20. Get a motion-sensor home security
system that lets you monitor your home with your smartphone.
21. Build a secret hiding place for your