This April's First Fridays in Downtown Aurora welcomes spring with more art openings. The monthly open house of art galleries and businesses features 14 venues with art, music, dancing:
1. GREEN BUDDHA LIFE SUSTAINABILITY CENTER AND ECO-ARTS GALLERY, 205 W. Galena Blvd., welcomes nature artist Lisa Goesling. The gallery is open from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
2. IF THESE WALLS COULD TALK, 32 S. Stolp Ave., is open from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. with relaxing beach scenes masterfully crafted with colored pencil by students of Andria Burchett from Beech Tree Studio in Geneva.
3. DAVID L. PIERCE ART AND HISTORY CENTER, 20 E. Downer Pl., opens from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. with a celebration of William A. Tanner on the first floor. Also open is the group exhibit "Materiality" in the third floor's Aurora Public Art Commission gallery.
4. THE ARTBAR presents the Fear Show this month. The ArtBar, in the tavern at Two Brothers Roundhouse, features more than two dozen local artists for one night only. Visit the ArtBar from 6 p.m. to midnight.
5. NEW HITES STUDIOS AND GALLERY is open for browsing upstairs at 14 W. Downer Pl. Visit the studios of artists Martín Soto, Kit Sunderland, Toty Pix, and others from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Get a professional headshot taken by Prairie Pro Photo.
6. ALLEN AND PEPA ARCHITECTS, 121 W. Benton St., features new works by Jaime Foster from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
7. THE PARAMOUNT THEATRE'S GRAND GALLERY opens from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. with the collage work of Laura Lein-Svencner. Also showing is "Les Miserables."
8. CULTURE STOCK, 43 E. Galena Blvd., is open from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. with an art show presented by Mutual Ground in Aurora.
9. GERARDO MADRIGAL, 52 W. Downer Pl., opens his second-floor art studio from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Madrigal invites the public to take a closer look at some of his old works and current works in progress.
10. RIVER'S EDGE CAFE, 14 W. Downer Pl., is open from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. with live music starting at 7 p.m.
11. THE KÜNSTLERHAUS, a gallery and cultural center on the ground floor of the Metropolitan Business College building at 14 W. Downer Pl. Suite 16 is open from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Quilts will be on display in cooperation with a Fox Valley Park District after school program. The El y Ella Show featuring art by academically-acclaimed duo Jose Andreu and Rosanna Andreu will be on display in the front gallery.
12. SIMPLY DESTINEE, 30 S. Stolp Ave. Suite 309, provides dancing and dance lessons from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
13. MISSION POSSIBLE, 63 S. Broadway, is open from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. featuring gospel graffiti artist, Milt Coronado. Coronado is mainly recognized as an international muralist primarily using a spray can as his medium.
14. SCITECH HANDS ON MUSEUM, 18 W. Benton St. is open from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. with free fun for the whole family. Local works of art along with art stations are set up during the evening.