Here are the trick-or-treat hours (4 PM - 7:30 PM) for Aurora, Illinois.
Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!
ANNOUNCES TRICK-OR-TREAT HOURS|
The City of Aurora is asking residents
to adhere to its official trick-or-treat hours, which are 4 to 7:30 p.m. Friday,
Oct. 31, and to make safety a top priority when collecting Halloween candy this
Parents accompanying their children are encouraged to go out
earlier when it still is light outside, and remember the following Halloween
safety tips when it comes to costume selection, trick-or-treating and the candy
their children choose to eat.
- When shopping for costumes, wigs and accessories, look for labels clearly
indicating they are flame resistant.
- Carry a flashlight and wear costumes that are bright or reflective while
trick-or-treating to help see and help others see you. Putting reflective tape
on costumes is another option.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips
- Stay on the sidewalks and look both ways before crossing the street; use
established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Check to make sure swords, knives, or other props are made of soft or
- Collect candy from homes only with a front porch light on; enter homes only
if you’re with a trusted adult, otherwise stay outside.
- Verify addresses of sex offenders living in your neighborhood by visiting www.isp.state.il.us/sor prior to trick-or-treating.
- Bring a cell phone while trick-or-treating in case of an emergency.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats; avoid homemade treats unless you know the