Before you commit your hard earned cash into a monthly mortgage payment, consider these 6 things:
1) You can and SHOULD get Pre-Approved for a mortgage BEFORE you start your search for a home.
2) Know what monthly dollar amount you will feel comfortable committing to your mortgage each month.
3) Think about your long term goals to determine the type of mortgage that will best suit your needs.
4) Be sure to understand which prepayment privileges and payment frequencies are available to you.
5) Ask if your mortgage is both portable and/ or assumable.
6) Seriously consider dealing with a Mortgage Expert.